2019 TEAM PHILLY TRYOUT INFORMATION
The US Lacrosse National Tournament, held annually in May with its origins dating back to the early 1930s, has been played in New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland in recent years and continues to be a major draw for high school aged players. With nearly 70 teams from across the country competing annually, the National Tournament has been become one of the nation’s marquee college recruiting events. The event is open to all high school aged players, and information to become a member of Team Philly is below.
Tryouts for the five Philly Teams are comprised of two half day sessions and a third morning session for team placement. You MUST be available for all three dates in order to tryout. The tryout dates are:
- April 7th – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the Episcopal Academy, Newtown Square PA
- April 28th – 7:30 AM to Noon at The Agnes Irwin School, Rosemont PA
- May 5th – 7:30 AM to Noon at The Agnes Irwin School, Rosemont PA
There will be cuts made after each of the first two tryout days. If you are eligible to return for the second and third days, you will see your pinnie number listed on this website page. Your pinnie number is assigned once you complete the online registration and payment is made. Players trying out must be in high school (grades 9 – 11). Seniors (12th grade) are not eligible to try out.
- The tryout fee is $60. It is non-refundable.
- All registration is on-line. There are no walk-up registrations.
- Registration is limited to the first 240 girls.
Any player dropping out after the selection process is complete will not be eligible for any PASLA nor US Lacrosse Honors and will not be able to try out the following year (the exception is a season ending injury). If you are unable to tryout after you have registered or during the selection process, please immediately notify Tournament Chair, Lorraine Beers at Lbeers10@gmail.com
This year the National Tournament will be held at Cedar Lane Regional Park in Bel Air Maryland on May 25 & 26 – Memorial Day Weekend. You must provide your own transportation and housing for the weekend. If you make a Philly Team, then you will also need to pay an estimated $175 for uniforms and tournament fees.
How to Register & Pay
Required – US Lacrosse membership
All players and their high school coaches MUST be members of US Lacrosse by April 1, 2019, prior to trying out, and must provide proof of membership during the on-line registration process. In addition, all memberships must be current through June 1, 2019. To become a US Lacrosse member, go to https://www.uslacrosse.org/membership
Important – registration will close on Tuesday April 2, 2019.
- This year all players must register on-line. Use this link to register for tryouts.
- In the registration process parental information must be included. The information for the parent is an email address, cell number and mailing address.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration. Make certain to check your SPAM/JUNK folders as it may be there.
- There are no walk-up registrations. Registration is limited to the first 240 girls.
There are two methods for payment: on-line and by check. The tryout fee is $60. All fees are non-returnable.
Important payment information:
- If paying online you MUST pay by Tuesday April 2, 2019
- You will receive an email confirmation of your payment. Make certain to check your SPAM/JUNK folders as it may be there.
- If paying by check your payment MUST be received by Friday April 5, 2019
- Check should be made out to “PASLAX”
- Where to mail check: PASLAX, 2 Pine Tree Drive, Broomall, PA 19008
Any questions, please reach Tournament Chair, Lorraine Beers at Lbeers10@gmail.com